Gecko grip is our goofy name for a new style of bar tape made from cushy EVA foam and ventilated polyurethane in a laminated, layered construction with a strip of adhesive on the back.
- Gecko grip has a rubbery feel and is `grippy` compared to cork tape.
- It lays flat on the wrapped bars and has a slightly thinner feel than our cork tape.
- It doesn`t absorb sweat as easily as cork tape and can be wiped off with a wet rag in seconds.
- Gecko grip is now our favorite spring and summer tape.
- This stuff is awesome. It even works in Cyclocross and is easier to clean up when muddy!
- At the time of this writing, it`s just getting to be winter and our Gecko is working really good, so Gecko grip might become our all-time favorite!