Busso 70.3 2018 - Training Program
WA 70.3 Program (29 January to 06 May 2018)
The WA 70.3 is a 14 week program designed primarily for 70.3 athletes targeting this event on May 06, 2018. Our 70.3 programs are specifically targeted at specific events and are tailored for 1st timers or those wishing to step up their performance.
A WA favourite for newcomers and fast times. As part of the Busselton Festival of Triathlon this is one of the most popular distance events on the race calendar in WA.
The training program cost covers:
- A 14 week program commencing 29 January to race day on 06 May
- Online training program access, which outlines the weeks training program - with Garmin auto updates (setup by the athlete)
- Programs follow a systematic process including micro and macro cycles
- Training is aligned to weekly Team XTR training sessions with free access to all Team XTR training sessions - including free and fee based sessions
- Free access to XTR Tri Academy seminars including, program introduction, race planning, nutrition and bike maintenance
- An accredited Triathlon Australia coach to monitor your progress, answer your questions and assist you on your journey.
- $$$ Members discount at XTR Multisports - for many this is enough to pay for their entire training program.
- Free attendance to the XTR Tri Academy training camp (personal costs excluded)
- Free technical swim video analysis session with coach feedback.
- Access to the Team XTR 'Members Only' Facebook page for updates on club training, news, activities and hooking up with your training buddies
Terms and Conditions
You must be a member of Team XTR Triathlon Club (Inc.) or a current Triathlon Australia (TA) member to participate in this program. This ensures that insurance arrangements are in place for participants, affiliated clubs and coaches. Club membership is very affordable with membership details available on the Team XTR website or TriWA website.
The program cost is transferable (to another athlete, who must sign-up for the full or remainder of the program) but non-refundable. If you need to pull out you may offer your place to another athlete but we regret we cannot provide refunds as facilities and coaches need to be booked in advance.
Athletes on the program will need to sign up to obtain a basic Training Peaks (TP) account (the 'basic' account is free). Your TP account will be linked to your coach for the duration of the program.
The Ironman 70.3 event or similar long-course race is a challenging distance with considerations for nutrition, recovery, training hours and fatigue. Athletes signing up for the program should be able to commit 7-12 hours a week to training during the stages of the program. Athletes should have a good level of base fitness before commencing the course and ensure they obtain a health checkup before enduring on this training program. Should you be unsure of your capability or if your are suitable, please feel free to contact the XTR Tri Academy team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (08) 9300 1190