XTR Novice Tri Course (Oct-Nov 2017)
XTR Novice Tri Course (02 October to 25 November 2017)
The XTR Novice Course is a 8 week program designed primarily for new athletes targeting their first triathlons or season. Program commences 02 October to 25 November. This program is specifically tailored for 1st timers enabling their capability, knowledge and skills to participate in the 2017-18 season. In doing so you will feel most welcomed, have loads of fun and come away fitter with a higher level of confidence to take on your first race or season. All sessions are facilitated at various locations and you can go at your own pace but you are bound to have plenty of company.
Entries are limited so enrol as soonest. You can enter directly from this product page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Course inclusion and outcomes:
- Orientation to the sport of triathlon, including rules, race types and distances
- Learn about the technical aspects and equipment required
- Swim - fitness, Tri considerations and open water swimming introduction/confidence
- Swim - swimming drills, technique
- Swim - analysis with coach feedback
- Bike - safety, handling skills and confidence
- Bike -maintenance and race equipment considerations
- Bike - Tri considerations and fitness
- Run - Tri considerations and technique
- Run - running drills and fitness
- Transition - approaches, safety and considerations when transitioning between disciplines.
- Nutritional basics and considerations across the disciplines
- Team XTR clubhouse, track and pool - HBF Arena, Joondalup
- Craigie Leisure Centre pool
- Iluka District Open Space, Iluka
- Mullaloo Beach
- Sorrento Beach
The training program cost covers:
- 8 week program
- 4 weekly training sessions with free access to all Team XTR training sessions - including free and fee based sessions
- An accredited Triathlon Australia coach to monitor your progress, answer your questions and assist you on your journey.
- $$$ Members discount at XTR Multisports - for many this is enough to pay for their entire training course.
- 50% discount entry to the Mullaloo Triathlon 2018 (various distances)
- Swim analysis with coach feedback.
- Access to the Team XTR 'Members Only' Facebook page for updates on club training, news, activities and hooking up with your training buddies
- Access to all other Team XTR training sessions
- Note: Pool entry fees apply in addition
Terms and Conditions
You must be a member of Team XTR Triathlon Club (Inc.) to participate in this program. This ensures that insurance arrangements are in place for participants, affiliated clubs and coaches. Club membership is very affordable with membership details available on the Team XTR website or TriWA website. Participants have the option of joining the 8 week 'Try before you buy' membership option over the term of the course for this purpose ($42 for the 8 week duration).
The program cost is transferable (to another athlete, who must sign-up for the full or remainder of the program) but non-refundable. If you need to pull out you may offer your place to another athlete but we regret we cannot provide refunds as facilities and coaches need to be booked in advance.
Athletes should have a reasonable level of base fitness before commencing the course and ensure they obtain a health checkup before enduring on this training program. Participants should have initial capability and equipment including:
- the ability to swim at least 50m continuously
- the ability to ride up to 5km
- the ability to run up to 1km
- a bicycle in good working order - road or triathlon bike but a basic flat-bar or mountain bike will suffice
- an Australian standards bicycle helmet
Should you be unsure of your capability or if your are suitable, please feel free to contact the XTR Tri Academy team at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (08) 9300 1190